Healing Art Summer Program (April May 2021)
Other Links Relevant to this Program
Healing Art Therapy (English): https://youtu.be/sUKKvio0A1Y
Healing Art Therapy (Telugu): https://youtu.be/ud2NvXbc5y4
Problems surrender when challenged without fear-A psychodrama: https://youtu.be/rep4vOVLS2k
Appropriate Turn Taking: https://youtu.be/6dQND_gWMEA
Teaching Kids Effects of Anger/Aggression as part of Impulse Control Skills: https://youtu.be/0j-9lLlF45I
Sensory Processing Problems in Children
Specific Learning Disorders in School Children
Healthy Habit Formation in Young Children
MAKING PRODUCTIVE USE OF SUMMER for school kids
Set clear goals based on each child’s temperament & areas to refine (for any maladaptive behaviors) and based on you child’s age group.
The following general guidelines can be kept in view while setting goals:
- 1) Best time to DISCIPLINE- related to overindulgence(eating, gadgets etc). Giving clear instructions without ambiguity,
- eg;Everyone need to share available food items, Gadget use based on project, today learn lifecycle of butterfly.
- 2) Healthy HABIT FORMATION- Importance of healthy hygiene& study habits, developing a stuctured routine(acc to child’s need), daily physical exercise etc.
- 3)REGULATION of emotional expression-Impulsive behaviors & verbalizing emotions of anger, sadness, anxiety in acceptable & harmless way using reasoning, time out for unacceptable behaviors(shouting on family member when angry as unacceptable, instead communicate verbally to parent who will take it seriously & resolve).
- 4) REDUCING DISTRACTIONS by providing only essential resources-It is healthy to set limit on utilizing minimum resources & more focus on creativity using own efforts. Providing too much material resources can be hinderence to sharpen one’s mind.
- 5) Extra time for refining SKILLS OF INTEREST like sports, art, music, dance by spending time in practice, while regular school days provide limited time period.
- 6) Together FAMILY TIME SPENT-One need not look for out of the way activities for that purpose.Keeping the routine of each member in view, can be helpful to each other,
- eg; If mother is involved in kitchen, helping her in required task will speeden to complete her work of cooking.
- Priming for next academic year, by taking time to prepare difficult subjects with the help of older sibling/ parent.
- 7)Taking PROFESSIONAL HELP by approaching child psychologist/ family therapist if unable to handle uncontrollable behaviors if any,is not a bad idea.
- Summer can be a happy & together time/ bonding time for whole family unlike regular school days.These above guidelines bring concepts of togetherness, need for accommodation& interdependence essential for effective family functioning as a single unit.
- HAPPY SUMMER KIDS😊
ART THERAPY Workshop
Workshop for young children aged 6-12 years
- Build Communication skills through art
- Improve Presentation Skills through art
- Express Emotions & Feelings through art
- Healing of hurt and stress due to daily hassles like bullying and teasing in different environments that the child is exposed to
Necessary basic material for the workshop will be provided
Mark the dates: 11 & 12 April 2020
Time: 11 am to 1 pm
Interested Parents can call 9849924478 for registration.
Registrations open and ongoing. Registrations are limited to 15 participants on first come, first served basis
Let’s think about our education system
How many parents today are convinced about our education system? While the entire world is changing and evolving rapidly, our education system seems to stand where it was.
Education or learning is a lifelong process. It does not restrict itself to school or college or the acquisition of degrees. Those are only to win your daily bread. The real purpose of education should be gaining knowledge in an area of interest.
Education or schooling for children should be a pleasant journey to figure out their interests, aptitude and skills and building their life on them for the future. Education is not a tool for to fulfil or meet the unmet wishes of parents. Let us be sensible as parents and nourish the interested areas in our children which can promote life long joyous learning for our future generation. Change has to start from an individual, then it slowly moves to cover a society. It is not really required that we have to follow people around us always and make our children suffer. Instead, identify the interests of your children and nourish those interests for their future careers.
Home with young children
Environment at home, when there are young children, needs flexibility, repeatability and predictability and emotional calmness. This helps young children grow securely with happiness. It is essential to be flexible in your routine, however, regularity of sleep, timings of eating habits, and repetition of actions such as responding with smiles, look of appreciation at person when impressed, are desirable behaviours.
Too much disorganization of home in terms of odd or changing timings for daily routines of adult members and high noise levels (arguments) will confuse children and can form basis for anxiety, insecurity & uncertainty