Therapeutic services aim at addressing and improving the psychological health of persons through interventions that supplement but do not use medications. There are several approaches in psychotherapy.
Major areas of therapy include
Family and Couple Therapy
Services that focus on the family or the couple as a single integral unit to which each member contributes significantly. In family and couple therapy the entire family or both members of a couple are treated simultaneously- not just the person identified with the “problem”. The therapy also focuses on enhancing adjustment with other members of the family unit
Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy
Empathetic and compassionate services, provided by a qualified clinical psychologist that aims to nurture the confidence of your child.
Completely confidential services that respect the privacy of children and their caretakers.
Restoring the joy of living in distressed children and adolescents
No active prescription of medicines or injections– working with your child for a better future
These services will benefit children and adolescents with
1. Declining academic performance
2. Exam and School related stress
3. Refusing to attend school
4. Easily irritable or angry children
5. Delay in developmental milestones– sitting, walking, speech etc
6. Behavioral problems –repeatedly telling lies, running away from home, not attending school, cruelty, severe disobedience
7. Hyperactive children– reduced attention span, restlessness, rapidly shifting between activities, difficulty in waiting for turn, intruding or interrupting others
8. Depression– withdrawn behavior, irritable, crying, reduced social interaction, self blame, loss of interest in usual activities, disturbance of sleep or appetite, feeling hopeless
9. Oppositional behavior– disobedient and provocative behavior, hostile, negative
10. Phobias– fear of specific situations like crowds, heights, closed spaces like shops, travel, being alone etc
11. Social anxiety-Fear of interacting with others with excessive attachment to parents or other family members
12. Sibling rivalry– rivalry between siblings that is beyond normal
13. Bed wetting—involuntary urination or passing of stools
14. Stammering of speech
15. Addictions– alcohol, smoking, substance abuse
16. Physically or sexually abused children or adolescents
17. Eating disorders
Group Psychotherapy is a therapy in which carefully selected emotionally ill persons are placed into a group guided by a trained therapist to help each member of the group effect personality changes. Several technical maneuvers and theoretical constructs are used by the therapist to optimally utilize the group members interactions to make that change
Assessment of Intelligence Quotient (IQ) and Multiple Intelligence Assessment
This service is primarily for people categorized or labeled as ‘slow learners’ and mentally challenged persons. The service is also useful to identify persons including children with cognitive impairments in major psychotic conditions that are long term or chronic in nature such as chronic alcoholism, chronic substance abuse, schizophrenia, psychotic depression among others.
Assessment of Personality
This service helps to identify personality traits underlying various psychiatric disorders (personality disorders)
Diagnosis of Psychiatric Disorders
This service supplements and aids in the diagnosis of an underlying psychiatric disorder using standardized diagnostic materials.
This service primarily aims at helping with the diagnosis of lobular dysfunctions by a detailed assessment of brain lobe functioning using standardized neuropsychological assessment materials.
These Skills include
- Critical Thinking
- Creative Thinking
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Relationship
- Effective Communication
- Coping with Emotions
- Coping with Stress
- Self Awareness