We have restarted our services and are now open for consultations.
Call 9849924478 to fix appointments. Consultations by appointment only.
We are open 9am to 5pm on all days.
All clients are requested to carry their own mask and personal sanitizer and maintain social distancing norms.
SCHOOLING a period from age 5-15 years is an active developmental period for children from biological,psychological, social perspectives.
Most parents opt for Home Schooling usually as a reaction to bitter experience with school system/ teachers etc. While it needs to be looked carefully from various perspectives.
- 1) Parents/ atleast one parent able to take time (atleast 5-6 hours of day time) for following structured schedule towards academics & extracurriculars.
- 2) If both parents are engaged in full-time occupation, the possibility of caretaker monitoring the schedule involves additional resorces.
- 3) Socialization- Needs special concern which happens naturally when child attending regular school.Ofcourse, as part of extracurriculars some socialization comes into picture, but with limitations.
- 4) If parents are on changing occupation/ frequent migration, Home schooling seem to be better option.
- The above points are but few areas of concern to be taken care if opting for Home Schooling, however, Schooling period alone considered as period of learning is very narrowed down concept, for learning is life-long. Discipline, group compliance, ability to survive in challenging situations, peer group interaction and team spirit can be a miss. One need to be kept in mind as a parent is, preparation of child for facing life from broader perspective than just working towards a bread-winning occuoation.
- These points are just food for thought. As parent you are always the best person to decide what suits your child assessing the total situation.
Set clear goals based on each child’s temperament & areas to refine (for any maladaptive behaviors) and based on you child’s age group.
The following general guidelines can be kept in view while setting goals:
- 1) Best time to DISCIPLINE- related to overindulgence(eating, gadgets etc). Giving clear instructions without ambiguity,
- eg;Everyone need to share available food items, Gadget use based on project, today learn lifecycle of butterfly.
- 2) Healthy HABIT FORMATION- Importance of healthy hygiene& study habits, developing a stuctured routine(acc to child’s need), daily physical exercise etc.
- 3)REGULATION of emotional expression-Impulsive behaviors & verbalizing emotions of anger, sadness, anxiety in acceptable & harmless way using reasoning, time out for unacceptable behaviors(shouting on family member when angry as unacceptable, instead communicate verbally to parent who will take it seriously & resolve).
- 4) REDUCING DISTRACTIONS by providing only essential resources-It is healthy to set limit on utilizing minimum resources & more focus on creativity using own efforts. Providing too much material resources can be hinderence to sharpen one’s mind.
- 5) Extra time for refining SKILLS OF INTEREST like sports, art, music, dance by spending time in practice, while regular school days provide limited time period.
- 6) Together FAMILY TIME SPENT-One need not look for out of the way activities for that purpose.Keeping the routine of each member in view, can be helpful to each other,
- eg; If mother is involved in kitchen, helping her in required task will speeden to complete her work of cooking.
- Priming for next academic year, by taking time to prepare difficult subjects with the help of older sibling/ parent.
- 7)Taking PROFESSIONAL HELP by approaching child psychologist/ family therapist if unable to handle uncontrollable behaviors if any,is not a bad idea.
- Summer can be a happy & together time/ bonding time for whole family unlike regular school days.These above guidelines bring concepts of togetherness, need for accommodation& interdependence essential for effective family functioning as a single unit.
- HAPPY SUMMER KIDS😊
Workshop for young children aged 6-12 years
- Build Communication skills through art
- Improve Presentation Skills through art
- Express Emotions & Feelings through art
- Healing of hurt and stress due to daily hassles like bullying and teasing in different environments that the child is exposed to
Necessary basic material for the workshop will be provided
Mark the dates: 11 & 12 April 2020
Time: 11 am to 1 pm
Interested Parents can call 9849924478 for registration.
Registrations open and ongoing. Registrations are limited to 15 participants on first come, first served basis
Marriage as a long term viable relationship is perhaps the most important area of concern in family life today.
At the point when most young people marry, they are still quite incomplete, especially when these relationships are formed in twenties and tend to choose a partner who represents the qualities that they feel they lack.
Marital Couple as a living unit provides a way of navigating in the world. Thus, it stands that people choose a partner who can manage in the areas in which they are weak. In the process, the marital unit has to sail through frequent trouble spots which are basically problematic to deal with.
- Scientific Presentation
- Question and Answer Session
- Interactive Discussion
Dr. Kavitha Praveen, an experienced Marital Therapist with over 15 years of experience dealing with marital issues.
Duration: 2 hours
Date: 15 September, 2019
Time: 11 am to 1 pm
Registrations: Limited to 15 participants on 1st come, first served basis.
How to Register : Contact 9849924478 between 9 am to 8 pm.
Conditioning is like ‘we are used to it that way’ and can be a block for our mind ending up in any activity becoming an automatic habit. We are conditioned day in & day out from sleep to eating, talking to enjoying, what is & what is not & so on.
In this process, we end up spending most of our daily life very mechanically and habitually stuck with immediate results & fail to foresee long term effects. We just do it because that’s how “we are used to” until a strong blow comes our way. Conditioning closes our mind for fresh experiences in life, for the conditioned mind already creates the experience even before one does an action. It can stagnate our life from growing up towards unknown that we conveniently refuse to think about such as “what if” i lose job, loved person and so on sometimes ending in guilt & regrets irreparable.
Doing something consiously by taking fresh look & open mind from time to time can save us from regrets of unable to pull time for what we always wanted to but ended up with no time. Be it your passion, interests, nourishing valued relation and many more, for life is short and can come to end anytime🙏
In this world we live in,there are innumerable daily distractions that can make us aimless & wasting precious time. Let’s observe it a little closely. From the time we wake up, even before up from bed we have many preoccupations about what & how to do things, face people and handle day to day chores. for eg; a school going child has worries about completing home work, attending classes, handling peer pressures and so on; youngsters about career, future and relational issues to quote a few. More distractions are for adults and they end up thinking (some call it multi-tasking) work completion, budget planning, social interactions so on.
These are daily requirements, how can we call them distractions? They end up as distractions when we think of one while doing another activity and ending up some how completing or meeting requirements. Distracted mind cannot meet quality, one can just complete the task.What results we can expect? half-done job. Instead if one can think & do one task at a time, one’s productivity can be maximum. How it is possible while we have so much to complete each day? Possible if you plan ahead, organize and follow rule of MODERATION in all task achievement. May not sound encouraging for aspirants who quickly want to climb up the ladder of competition. Another distraction COMPETING, with whom & for what?
Each one of us has our unique capabilities. Focus on our strengths & giving our best, instead of running for what one is not good at. Making one’s interest/ aptitude as a career saves a lot of run around. Then you will put your heart in that & invariably will do your best. Keep some free time on daily basis to run through your daily done routine. Plan better for next day. Golden rule is always plan less than what you think you can handle, if you can do more than planned it will give you ”feel good” like a self pat on your back. Being one-pointed & aim for quality makes you feel happy & satisfied at end of each day.🙏